SolarCity is an organization that focuses on providing solar energy to all parts of the world and is based in San Mateo, California. The organization provides clean energy that is available to businesses, homeowners, schools, governments, and non-profit organizations at a lower cost than the one incurred from generating energy by burning fossil duels like natural gas, oil, and coal.
The company was started by two brothers namely Peter Rive and Lyndon Rive, who got the idea from their cousin, Elon Musk, who helped started the company and is now the chairman of it. SolarCity has grown to become the leading provider of solar power among California residents and is currently the number one residential solar installer in the United States.
How Does SolarCity Work?
– Solar Consultation. – Potential clients first begin by discussing a few things with a consultation team at SolarCity so as to determine whether solar energy is the right move for him/her. This will involve discussions about how much energy consumption a particular resident uses and the technical team will also take a look at a client’s roof using satellite imaging. If everything is in order, a free customized quote will be prepared which will include all of the options available and shows how much energy will be saved in that resident for the next 20-30 years.
– Signing an Agreement. – The personalized agreement ensures that the solar energy costs are secured for the next 20-30 years depending on what financial option a client chooses to take. The front of the page will include that and all of the important details of the agreement. The agreement will also include many guarantees and warranties which protect a home and will not have any hidden fees.
– Solar Panel System Design. – One of the SolarCity’s site surveyors will visit a client’s resident within the few days of your solar consultation and take a closer look at the client’s roofing while also taking measurements. Once the measurements are taken and submitted, the engineering crew will design a solar power system that is based on the client’s energy requirements and the dimensions of the home.
– Completing Installation. – Installing the solar panel systems will take only one day. The team at SolarCity will also take care of all the inspections and permits required.
– Begin Using Solar Energy. – Once the utility company gives its approval, users can now switch to the solar energy so as to generate more clean and affordable energy.
What is the Solar Ambassador Program?
The Solar Ambassador program is a referral program which lets you make money by referring other people to SolarCity. Each time a person whom you have referred to solar city ambassador program installs a SolarCity power system, the referrer gets $250 and your referral gets 1 month of solar. The program has also been made available in a mobile application so that you can: Access your SolarCity account from anywhere, track your referral status, promote the cause by spreading the news about the benefits of using solar energy, and get your $250 for the referrals you sign up in SolarCity.
SolarCity’s Solar Ambassador program has currently hit over 100,000 ambassadors and now plays a big role in the growth of SolarCity and its moving forward. While the program has the disadvantage of attracting a few bad actors here and there, this will most likely have very little impact on the organization.
SolarCity is a very innovative organization that encourages energy conservation all around the world with its solar power technology. The company is growing day by day and is becoming increasingly popular as more and more users begin to understand the benefits of using solar powered technology instead of regular energy. Their installation process is quick and precise ensuring that everything remains in order and their client’s energy requirements are fully met. The company works with experienced clean energy project design and installation teams from all over the world and their customers also include government agencies like the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. armed forces, more than 400 schools like Stanford University, tens of thousands of home owners, and other cooperate clients like HP, Walmart, Ebay, Intel, etc. The only disadvantage is that it is available in only 19 states in the U.S. but this is currently been worked on as the organization is expanding and moving to other states gradually.